East Parker County Library

Loading palette preview

Who we are

The East Parker County Library provides free services to all residents living within the state of Texas. 

The library holds approximately 20,000 titles including books and videos, and an additional 8,000+ items in eBook audio and text.   Our library also shares resources with Weatherford, Springtown, and Azle Public Libraries through a weekly courier service.  In addition to these items, hundreds of people entered the library to utilize print and electronic reference resources, access the Internet through the Library's seven public computers, and take advantage of our WI-FI service. 

Our friendly and professional staff is eager to serve you. Welcome to the East Parker County Library!

Our Mission

The mission of the East Parker County Library is to encourage a love of reading, promote lifelong learning , and broaden informational, educational, recreational, and cultural enrichment opportunities for our patrons. 

History of the Library

In June of 1988, a group of concerned residents discussed the possibility of establishing a public library.  Karen Brown, Carrie Jo Kelly, Esther and Dan Rosenthall, Peggie and Marvin Herring, and Jean Koldin appeared before the City Council of Aledo to discuss the many advantages of a public library.  The aldermen voted to support the endeavor, and in April of 1989, National Library Week, the East Parker County Library opened its doors to the public. 

Volunteers faithfully kept the library open to patrons until Anita Bond was hired as Librarian in 1994.  The library became a member of the North Texas Regional Library System in 1994 and is officially recognized by the State of Texas.

The first library building was the historic two-story stone building in downtown Aledo.  That rented space sold in 1997, so in October of that year the library moved into the smaller space next door.  The 800 sq ft store front was home to the library until the purchase of the old Aledo Post Office in 1999.  In September 1999 a loan was obtained from Weatherford National Bank in Aledo and the old Aledo Post Office was purchased. 

The library moved to its current location (old Aledo Post Office) at 201 FM 1187 North, which is at the corner of FM 1187 and Oak Street in downtown Aledo, in December 2000 and opened in January 2001.  The current location and larger facility has resulted in easier access and improved services.   

East Parker County Library has operated since July 14, 1994, as a non-profit, tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.

The library operates with the support of the County of Parker, cities/ towns of Aledo, the Annettas, and Willow Park, fundraisers by Friends of the Library, and donations.

Today the East Parker County Library continues to benefit and serve all of Texas,  especially Parker County, Aledo, Annetta, Annetta North, Annetta South, Hudson Oaks, and Willow Park.  The library provides more than 20,000 books (print, eBooks, and audio) and movies for over 4,000 member patrons. 

Our Friends

Friends of the East Parker County Library offer support and assistance to the library.  Our Garden Party is our major fundraiser.  If you are interested in becoming a Friend, please contact the library at 817-441-6545 or click Friends.